Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Mrs. Leiske's busy fall

It's been an incredibly busy fall! School is off to a great start and I have another fantastic group of kids.  I thought that I would share the pink award and merit awards that one student wrote out for me. This student wrote me out a pink award for "finishing all my school work" and the yellow one says " I love you Mrs. Leiske".  I was so thrilled to see this student writing phonetically.  I know that merit awards have been a part of of the Savanna School culture for a very long time.  It is also exciting and rewarding to know that they are still inspiring for students.

New this fall we started an at home reading program.  As a parent, I appreciate the incentive for getting our children to focus on reading.  As a staff at school, it is very exciting to see reading encouraged more at home.

Have a great fall!

Nadine Leiske

1 comment:

  1. it has been a busy fall!! I love going into the ECS room on Tuesdays and Thursdays and watching them learn. I have seen so much improvement already in them. What a great group of students.

    ReplyDelete